Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Nixie has Go-Go-Juice

For those outside of the Atlanta area... we have a shortage of gasoline. More than half the stations are out, and that's the good times. Lines are incredibly long in the morning and evening hours, so I set out at 10pm and went to a QuikTrip that I thought would have have a bit of petrol. Nope. So I turn left and... my last light-bar of my guage goes out. 18 or so miles to go. No problem. I even pass the next station with gas and head toward the next station that is equally far from home for the next QT. I'll take 22 cents less per gallon since I had to go by that station anyway and I had an entire tank to fill. So there it is: $3.97 per gallon and only about 10 people in line. But the price wasn't even that important; it was just having some gas. And after putting off getting any gas for 18 days, Nixie finally had a full tank!

I was so glad that I directed a few cars to open spaces before I left.

Thanks QuikTrip!

1 comment:

Ina said...

Yay! Thanks for getting the gas, Honey! And for anyone wondering, Nixie is the name of our Civic.