Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Impressions (redux)

I find myself thinking about one thing or another rather frequently, so deeply in fact that I lose track of my surroundings, entering a dream-like state - not a good thing while driving but it usually doesn't last more than a couple seconds. Admittedly, too often I am overly critical about my actions, causing what I'll call guilt spasms. So, I plan to put my thoughts down so that I may more objectively reflect upon my reflections of myself and the world around me, and hopefully I may bend myself more to my liking.

And yes, while I realize the title sounds like something our current President might say, I like it in that it sounds intelligent and ignorant at the same time, while describing a common state of being for myself:

re·flec·ture [ri-flek-cher] - n.

  1. the state of being or condition of oneself while reflecting.
  2. the loss of awareness of one's surroundings while deep in thought.

[Origin: 2007.12.04, DAB; see REFLECT, -URE]

No comments: