Friday, May 1, 2009

Sublime Doughnuts

Word of this independent shop [Sublime Doughnuts] seems to be spreading like wild-fire and for good reason. The doughnuts really do justify the name of the store.

sub·lime [suh-blahym] - adj.

  1. elevated or lofty in thought
  2. impressing the mind with a sense of grandeur or power; inspiring awe, veneration, etc.

[Origin: 1350-1400]

These delectables are warm and soft and beyond any freshness I have ever had at a Dunkin* or Krispy, save perhaps one straight from the conveyer belt. Soft, warm, doughy and light... I've never had an apple fritter so good. Simply amazing. And the Strawberries 'n Cream Doughnut (not strawberry cream) was fabulous. The french press coffee was pretty good, as well; I think I'll add a little more dairy next time.

The prices were close to $2 per pastry, but if you don't mind a day old doughnut you can get those for 2 for 1. My cheap self will test those out next time, but $2 is fair to pay for these delightful treats. Nom nom nom. Unfortunately the store is closed on Mondays... a day that could really use a delicious doughnut.

* I realize Dunkin Donuts is more of a cake doughnut place instead of yeast (like sublime and KK) but with yeast doughnuts, DD sinks in comparison to these lofty luxuries.

1 comment:

Ina said...

Sublime, indeed! I loved my strawberries and cream doughnut! It really is a shame they are closed on Mondays - I could really use one right now.